Monday, December 4, 2017

Things I Wonder About - Part 2

I didn't realize it had been so long, but a little over two years ago, I wrote a blog about things I wonder about (http://40somethingsistah.blogspot.com/2015/08/things-i-wonder-about.html).  I've been wondering about some new things recently.

... and just like last time, let's just get right to it.  No need for a fancy intro.



1.   Why do people pay more money to see a movie at a different time of day?  I have NEVER understood that.  I only do matinees.  It’s the same damn movie.  Why would I pay more to see it at night when I can save money seeing it earlier in the day?  Why?  The only time you catch me at the movies at night is at the $1.50 theater.

Wait.  Do they still have those?  Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a $1.50 theater in a while.

2.  Why do people eat unhealthy foods and then wash it down with a diet soda?  You’ve just consumed a fatty, greasy burger and a plate of fries, but you worry about the calories in your drink?  Does that zero calorie soda cancel out the tens of thousands of calories from the burger and fries? 

3.  I wonder this about myself.  I love the smell and flavor of coconut, but I hate actual coconut.  It’s a texture thing for me.  I can drink and enjoy a pina colada, but I will throw a piece of coconut cake in the trash.  The texture of coconut is combination of pasty, gritty, and gummy to me.  But here’s the kicker.  You put some Girl Scout cookies (those caramel delights, samoas, or whatever they’re called) in front of me, and I will straight eat the whole dang box.  The entire box.  I just can’t figure that one out.

4.  Why do some families fall apart at the seams when loved ones pass away?  Was Mama / Daddy / Granddaddy / Big Mama really the glue that held the family together?    

5.  Why is it that people with the nastiest attitudes always seem to work in customer service?  Do companies do screenings or practice calls / scenarios before they hire these folks? 

6.  Black Trump supporters?!?!?!?  What?  THE?  Hell?  Beelzebub, one of the many names I have for Trump, has NEVER done anything for Black folks, so how can they ride for him?  All Black Trump supporters have been officially relieved of their duties.  Their Black cards are hereby permanently revoked, they are banned from all cookouts, and they are eligible for trade in the racial draft.  

7. Why does congress keep offering up “thoughts and prayers” when there’s a mass gun shooting in the United States instead of offering up effective gun control legislation so the shootings can end?  Apparently, the thoughts and prayers ain’t working, so it’s time to DO SOMETHING.

8.  Why is it when a Black woman voices her opinion or concern about something, she’s “angry” instead of “assertive”?  Becky can debate and belabor an issue until the cows come home and she’s considered “passionate”, but let Shaniqua express her opinion.  She gets labelled as combative.

9.  I don’t know about you, but I wonder about “Christians” sometimes.  The Alabama senate candidate that’s been accused of molesting teenaged girls over several years has the support of 53 pastors.  FIFTY-THREE pastors … of churches that people go to weekly to hear a word from God and to be spiritually fed.  


It just makes me wonder.  What Bible are these “pastors” reading and studying from?  What God are these pastors following where they can openly endorse and support a man who may have molested several teen-aged girls.  My bad.  These must be the same pastors who supported Beelzebub for President.  What was I thinking, right?   [Insert eye roll eye HERE.]

10.  Does anybody know or care who won the Miss Universe pageant when the entire world fell in love with Miss Jamaica, Davina Bennett?  Yes, I know I could Google who the winner was, but Davina Bennett is the real MVP.  Melanin poppin’.  Afro perfection personified.  And when she stepped out on the runway in those yellow dresses looking like a sun-kissed goddess who descended to this earth straight from Heaven’s pearly gates … CHILE!!!!!  Even God had to jump back and kiss himself over this glorious creation.  I need her image immortalized into a doll for my daughter to add to her #blackgirlmagic collection.



The things I wonder about ...

No comments:

Post a Comment